Sunday, March 6, 2011

PACKING HEAVY GUIDEBOOKS IS NO LONGER NECESSARY


With the internet on our computers and smart phones, we no longer need to lug around heavy guidebooks and maps. We can access travel information in seconds and keep that info. bookmarked or emailed for later use. Today I am in Montclair, New Jersey. It is a rainy winter Sunday and I want to get out and participate in a few of the things the area has to offer. My first stop is my iPhone with a quick look at my "AroundMe" app. This app lists hotels, movie theatres, restaurants, parking locations, just to name a few. It comes complete with maps and is very easy to navigate. A hike in Eagle Rock Reservation is out of the question due to the weather but a stroll through the Montclair Museum of Art is just the ticket. There is an Andy Warhol exhibit that I would like to see and the local High Schools are having an exhibit of some very talented students in the Art school section of the museum. In the photo above I am playing in the interactive Warhol "Silver Cloud" exhibit. After cross checking with Bank America's MOU (museums on us) program, I showed my Bank America credit card for complimentary access to the museum. The MOU program provides free admission to many US museums on the first weekend of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment