Friday, April 29, 2011

RC'S JEWEL OF THE SEAS FOR MY TRANSATLANTIC CRUISE CHALLENGE

I will be taking Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas on my transatlantic Cruise Challenge. After speaking with the cruise lines's customer service department, I learned that my sailing will only be hosting two formal evenings and not three as I thought. The ship will also have two "smart casual" evenings and eight regular (or informal) nights. I plan on taking my full-length black skirt to wear for at least one of the formal evenings. Later, I will wear the same skirt as a sleeveless dress with a bright colored scarf as a belt at the waist. If I had had three formal nights on the crossing, I would have worn the long skirt twice on formal evenings with two very different tops. The tops one wears are critical as most people spend more time on a cruise looking at you from the waist up. Keeping this in mind, I will intersperse my black-base clothing with bright colored and light-weight patterned blouses and sweaters. In addition, I will use long-sleeve tops over certain dresses to make attractive skirt sets, thus making my wardrobe appear much larger then it is.

2 comments:

  1. I may be on the same cruise as you. Have you done Transatlantic cruises before? I haven't. Looking for some insight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Hope: Yes, I've taken numerous transatlantic cruises in the past few years. If you are on the Jewel of the Seas with me, then we should arrange to meet up. Go to the Guest Relations Desk on Deck Four and ask them if they would contact me (Marion "Mimi" Franklin) for you.

    ReplyDelete