Sunday, May 22, 2011

CRUISE CHALLENGE, DAY 8: AZORES



It's already Day 8 of my Cruise Challenge and armed with yesterdays excellent advice by Bob Arno on keeping valuables safe when you travel, I'm off to the Azores. My first stop is to the Fort Sao Bras which is now a military museum. Here I am in front of a lookout by the massive walls that surround the fortress. The views of the Harbor and town are excellent. From there I meander down the beautifully tiled streets stopping into St. Sebastian's Parish Church and the Church of our Lady of Hope. There seem to be tiles everywhere with geometric designs on the pavements and pastoral scenes on the walls. After a relaxing coffee at a cafe I continue to walk around the city enjoying breathtaking views and garden strolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment