Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CRUISE CHALLENGE, DAY 12, CHERBOURG, FRANCE


It was a beautiful spring day in the Normandy region of France when our ship came into port at Cherbourg. In Brest, the overcast skies alluded to the potential of rain but not on Cherbourg day. There was still a chill in the air so I wore my reversible jacket with the suade side out, blue jeans,polo shirt, sneakers and socks. (no umbrella needed) I strolled through the city visiting the magnificent cathedral Basilique Sainte-Trinite, where I lit a candle for a loved one while admiring the interior of the great gothic church. Afterwards I walked through gardens along the waterfront complete with a grand statue of Napoleon (they seem to be everywhere in France). Later, I was off to the post office, an obligatory coffee at a sidewalk cafe and afterwards checked out the Musee d'art Thomas- Henry, then more gardens and quaint streets. It was a delightful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment