Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CRUISE CHALLENGE, DAY 14, LONDON

Today finds me day tripping in London. Having spent the night at the Gatwick Marriott Hotel, I opted for the Gatwick Express train into Victoria Station. Packing a day bag with a few UK essentials like an umbrella. bottle of water, small snack, tissues, debit card and a few pounds, I was good to go. My goal for the day was an overview of the city by taking the Original & Best open top bus tour. Tickets are available at Victoria Station's information desk and they include not only a discount but fast track tickets to major attractions if desired and a free river cruise. The tour was wonderful especially because you could hop on and off the bus so you could spend time at the places that really interested you. an added plus is that each ticket is good for 24 hours. There are several routes to take around the city all designated by a different color. On the red line I got to see attractions like the Marble Arch, Speakers Corner, Madame Tussauds, Piccadilly Circus and St Paul's Cathedral. The yellow line took me to Talfagar Square where I stopped for a brisk run through the National Gallery and grabbed a bight to eat at a cafe. I finished my tour at Buckingham Palace walking back to Victoria Station as I fantasized about being a royal!

No comments:

Post a Comment